Poker Edition: Day 38 - Come over to the nit side.... we have cookies!

Hello everybody and welcome to the poker edition!

Today I'm taking a look at some of my stats.



Come over to the nit side.... we have cookies!


Update


Before we dive into today's topic lets take a little look at how I've been running since last week.


Graph since last week





Graph in full






So as you can see the week started well and then turned bad. If you look closely you can see the green line at the very end does go sharply up making the past 7 days profitable. Up one buy in is better than down one buy in!

At one point I was within one buy in of breaking even, it was a glorious moment in time.

There seems to be a cycle of good days followed by very bad days, every time I review the hands at the end of the session I can pick off all the dumb moves I made and silly mistakes. If I stopped making these mistakes I would be crushing 2nl. 

I can tell I'm improving as the amount of big pots I'm losing is getting smaller however there is still too many for my (and my green lines) liking.



Analysis


Today I want to take a look at my stats. 

VPIP: 15.99
PFR: 12.51
3B: 2.51

These stats seem to nitty to me and when I discuss these stats with other players there's are all much higher than mine.

This seems strange to me as sometimes when I have discussed hands people have said that what I'm opening is quite lose. So it cant be to do with my opens because if I played any loose I would be opening 72o under the gun! Ok maybe not that loose but you get the idea!

So it must be in my calling IP and 3bet right?

Once again I don't feel I can profitably loosen up with my calling ranges.

I must confess my 3-betting is a lot tighter than others and seems to be limited to premium hands right now. This is something I need to work on so I can open up my 3bet stat a bit more.

I will be opening up my 3bet range depending on the original openers position so I can 3-bet the CO with a much wider range than MP something which may seem obvious but it seems I have not been doing it!

I think I'm missing opportunities as well, sometimes when I go over my hand history I find a hand I should of called with but I folded instead add them all up and that can boost my stats up too. This is something that I think will come with experience and just recognizing opportunities.

That's all for now!

Thanks for reading

See you next time

Lilkidbigcity
@lilkidbigcity


0 comments:

Post a Comment