Poker edition: Day 4 - Ups and Downs

Hello everyone and welcome to day four of the poker edition!

Today we hit the tables and try to run it up!





So if you haven't watched the video for this session go check it out here

Everything I touch is gold!

So now you have watched that you can tell we had a great day right!?

Well yea but not as great as you might think.

After the recording stopped I kept playing unfortunately we lost some money however we did still finish the session in profit finally stopping at $0.92 up.

At first I was a little disheartened and annoyed but then I looked again and thought well I'm still in profit so that's something and then I saw my BB/100 which is 7.19 which is brilliant! I need to make sure I am focusing on the overall scope of things and not just the short term.

Here is the graph with the extra hands



My biggest losing hand of the day was down to me not knowing when to throw away top pair. Lets take a look.



Table Information
Seat1:   Player 1   ($2.35)Dealer
Seat2:   Player 2   ($2.83)Small Blind
Seat4:   Hero   ($4.06)Big Blind
Seat6:   Player 6   ($2.04)
Seat7:   Player 7   ($0.75)
Seat9:   Player 9   ($1.90)
Dealt to Hero

Preflop (Pot:0.03)
Player 6   FOLD    
Player 7   FOLD    
Player 9   FOLD    
Player 1   FOLD    
Player 2   CALL    $0.01
Hero   RAISE    $0.06
Player 2   CALL    $0.04

A good hand in position against a small blind limp, I'm not going to let him see cards for free with this hand I'm raising.

Flop   (Pot: $0.14)

Player 2   BET    $0.12
Hero   CALL    $0.12

I make top pair and villain donks into me. Easy call.

Turn   (Pot: $0.38)

Player 2   BET    $0.18
Hero   CALL    $0.18

Player bets into me again. my thoughts were that he limped in with a weak king and I had the better pair. I wasn't paying attention to the board I called. Four Five and Six this hits my opponents range of limp calling with suited connectors that could hit this board. He could also of hit his weak king kicker and have made two pair.

River   (Pot: $0.74)

Player 2   BET    $0.72
Hero   CALL    $0.72

The 7 comes down making four connected cards on the board and definitely hits my opponents range. The villain now pot bets. I was too blinded by my top pair decent kicker I didn't even realise how connected the board was.

Showdown:

Player 2  SHOWS
Hero  MUCKS
Player 2  wins the pot: $2.18
I had villain all the way until the river when he hit his straight. I should of been paying more attention to the board. If I had I could of found a fold to his pot bet on the river and saved myself 36 big blinds.

A big mistake on my part I need to pay more attention and not get blinded by my top pair.

I learned my lesson and later on in the session had to make a fold with a premium pair to a big bet, take a look.


Table Information
Seat1:   Hero   ($2.62)Dealer
Seat2:   Player 2   ($2.30)Small Blind
Seat4:   Player 4   ($1)Big Blind
Seat6:   Player 6   ($0.80)
Seat7:   Player 7   ($0.40)
Seat9:   Player 9   ($1.40)
Dealt to Hero

Preflop (Pot:0.03)
Player 6   FOLD    
Player 7   FOLD    
Player 9   CALL    $0.02
Hero   RAISE    $0.09
Player 2   CALL    $0.08
Player 4   FOLD    
Player 9   CALL    $0.07

Flop   (Pot: $0.29)

Player 2   CHECK    
Player 9   CHECK    
Hero   BET    $0.14
Player 2   CALL    $0.14
Player 9   CALL    $0.14

Turn   (Pot: $0.71)

Player 2   CHECK    
Player 9   CHECK    
Hero   BET    $0.35
Player 2   CALL    $0.35
Player 9   CALL    $0.35

River   (Pot: $1.76)

Player 2   CHECK    
Player 9   ALL-IN    $0.82
Hero   FOLD    
Player 2   FOLD    

Showdown:

Player 9  MUCKS

Player 9  wins the pot: $2.58

I had to make the fold on the river with four connected cards on the board. After check calling the whole way the villain now shoves on that river, there is a chance we were getting bluffed but I did not want to pay the chips to find out and had to lay the hand down.

I could of made my bet sizing a little bit bigger I think and I know my bet sizing is something I have to work on.

That's it for this edition!

I will be live tweeting about two freeroll tournament I'm in tonight at 8pm GMT so follow me on twitter for updates my twitter is at the bottom of the page.

If you have any thoughts be they positive,construct criticism or just stopping by to say hi then please leave them in the comment section.

See you next time!

Lil Kid Big City

www.facebook.com/lilkidbigcity
Follow me on twitter @lilkidbigcity
Youtube.com/lilkidbigcity



0 comments:

Post a Comment