Poker edition: Day 5 - on a sick heater

Hey everybody and welcome to the poker edition!

Today we try to maintain our winning ways.




If you haven't already then please check out the new video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmKC8tGuk44

Now that you have seen that lets get down to business!

Once again we have had a winning day! woohoo! Slowly grinding the stack up. I want to aim for $150 dollars before taking a shot at 5nl.

When I stopped recording the video once again I lost some of the profit of the session. I think having the video makes me focus more and call less. My biggest losing hand was when my aces got cracked by a straight. That hand cost $2.55 to our bankroll so even though that hand cost more than a buy in the session was still in profit which shows how well it was going overall.

Another hand we hit two pair Queen and Jack and got beaten by two pair Ace and Queen not too much we could do there.

Rather than go through hands today I want to speak briefly about negative emotions during in play and attached to specific hands.

I have obviously not been playing poker long but I am well aware of "tilt" and how it can affect your sessions along with that the negative vibes that get attached to your losing hands.

For example when my Aces were cracked earlier this afternoon I was mad and slightly tilted my exact thinking was something like this "damn whenever I get aces they always get beaten or never get any action".
So after the session I decided to check the stats on my aces and this was the result.









From this picture we can see that my aces have only been cracked 3 times out of the 22 that I have been dealt them. Even though they have been beaten for large sums on a couple of occasions overall I am still in profit $3.50, so there is no need for me to have any negative feelings towards aces.

As people we remember the negative emotions a lot more than the positive ones this is just not conducive to poker; when it comes to poker its best to be as clinical as possible and not let your emotions override your decision such as "Yes I have Aces I can't lose this hand!!!" or "I cant believe that my Aces always run into a set"













That covers it for today's session!

Once again I will be tweeting tonight's freeroll so you can follow that here @lilkidbigcity

Thanks for reading

If you have any thoughts be they positive,construct criticism or just stopping by to say hi then please leave them in the comment section.

See you next time!

Lil Kid Big City

www.facebook.com/lilkidbigcity
Follow me on twitter @lilkidbigcity
Youtube.com/lilkidbigcity

0 comments:

Post a Comment